Whether you’re still traveling the Road to Success or have already reached your destination, you have a Success Story inside you. You need to tap into that Success Story if you want to serve others deeply.
Let’s explore my statement from the perspective of an entrepreneur with aservice-based business. Specifically, let’s explore my statement from the perspective of a coach who longs to make a significant difference in the world through his or her gifts, skills, and practice.
To be a successful business owner, to be a successful coach, we need to develop relationships built on trust.
For people to trust us, they need to know us. For people to know us, we must know ourselves.
And we must be willing to share who we are — our struggles, our challenges, our victories — with those we’re meant to serve.
Carve out time to reflect on these questions today (yes, it’s that important):
- Who are you at your core? What is your essence?
- What do you want to achieve here on earth?
- What do you want to be your legacy?
- Why do you want to lead a meaningful life?
- What challenges have you overcome?
- What struggles have you endured?
- What breaks your heart?
- What gives you joy?
- Who gives you joy?
- How do you define success?
Can you see your Success Story unfold? As you ponder your own trials and victories, you’ll discern how your life story can be an inspiration to many.
As an entrepreneur with a service-based business…
As a coach who longs to make a significant difference in the world…
You MUST know whom you’re called to serve. Who are your ideal clients?
Take time to reflect on these questions:
- Who are they at their core? What is their essence?
- What do they want to achieve here on earth?
- What do they want to be their legacy?
- Why do they want to lead a meaningful life?
- What challenges are they striving to overcome?
- What struggles are they experiencing?
- What breaks their heart?
- What gives them joy?
- Who gives them joy?
- How do they define success?
Being clear on your own Success Story as well as the Success Story your ideal clients yearn to write will help you:
- Attract ideal clients so you can build a business you love.
- Have meaningful enrollment conversations with prospective clients as you explore the possibility of working together.
- Serve your clients deeply and joyfully.Keep this in mind, fellow entrepreneurs.
Keep this in mind, fellow entrepreneurs.
You need not have reached your own destination before helping others arrive at theirs!!!
You can be a sojourner on the Road to Success yourself.
Relieved? Good. Now go enjoy the journey. Your ideal clients await!
Former attorney Jory Fisher is a passionate, successful coach and a powerful mentor to owners of one-person businesses. She runs highly effective mastermind programs especially designed to help solopreneurs in Baltimore and around the country build 6-figure, service-oriented, freedom-based businesses—even those who have struggled in the past. You can learn more about Jory and her services by visiting JoryFisher.com and by connecting with her on LinkedIn.